Lemon Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze

I finally got my computer fixed. If I could just blog and edit photos from my iPad, I would much rather do that. Unfortunately, I need my laptop and when it's down, I'm down. I wish I could just get this issue resolved for good, thankfully I'm getting pretty good at the fix!!


This is the time of year that zucchini over powers all of our gardens. I have it coming out of my ears, but it's a darn good thing that we like all things zucchini. When baked in bread I can easily throw it in the freezer and we eat off of it for the rest of the year. That's if it lasts that long!! :)

Lemon Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze


Ingredients

Bread
2 cups cake flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup buttermilk
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup grated zucchini

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. milk

Start by mixing the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside for later. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon juice, buttermilk and zest to the mixture. Fold in the zucchini until it's mixed. Add the dry ingredients, mix until well combined. Pour batter into two greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake for 350 degrees for 45-48 minutes. Make the glaze while this is in the oven and pour glaze while the bread is hot.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to make this. It sounds so good. How much baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 tsp ! Sorry apparently I missed that ingredient in the list ! I hope you enjoy

      Delete
  2. I made it and it is SO good. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete