Chocolate Zucchini Loaf

The funniest thing this week about zucchini; I had went through a debate whether to plant zucchini or squash. Maddox loves the squash but I love to cook/bake with zucchini. So we planted 'squash' and had to transplant it because it got so big. {garden went from a wooden troth like garden to against the back side of our house :)} So as this starts to grow - Dale and I are like 'uh that looks like zucchini'. So we have zucchini coming out our ears. I have a friend and fellow blogger that didn't plant it this year so I will be sharing the wealth! 

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf is my absolute favorite thing to make with zucchini. The zucchini really doesn't have too much flavor to me but anything with chocolate is good. Most people thing 'EW' when they think of zucchini, in all honesty, you can't taste any zucchini in this. When we used to make this as a kid, I knew it had zucchini in it but if I knew what it looked like grated up I probably would not have even smelt the loaf!!! haha

This recipe has been passed down to me and I make it at least one time every year. I have done other things with zucchini such as these recipes. 

I hope you all are having a great week! The weather here in Iowa has hit some record low temps {70's}. I'm not at all wanting to send this weather away. If all year round was like this it would be amazing. Not having the air on in the middle of July is incredible! I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt and sweats!!! 

Ingredients you will need for the loaf:

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp clear vanilla

Grease and flour 5 mini loaf pans or 3 large loaf pans then preheat the oven to 325. Beat the eggs and sugar, then add the oil and zucchini. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, soda and powder. Add to the zucchini mixture and add vanilla - beat well. Bake for 1 hour for mini loaf and 70 minutes for large loaf pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment