Pecan Peanut Butter and Apple Bar

Been away for two days and all I think about is blogging {addiction :)}

Today, I was off work and spent the day at home with a 10 month old getting 4 teeth  :( It's a real bummer when the little man just doesn't feel right. I think with his binkie and his mommy we got this! Even with the not so 100% baby we went to a Wined Down Party and BBQ tonight with a group of my father in laws friends. I met this group seven years ago when I met Dale and they have welcomed me in like family and I feel like they have been my friends since I was little. It's so nice to have people like this in life and I'm so excited that Maddox can have these handful of couples to grow up around. They are like 5 other sets of grandparents! They spoil him and kiss him and laugh when I tell them he put my phone in the toilet!! :) It's ONLY funny now because my phone started working again this morning!! #ihavemyhandsfull

So anyway - I took this dessert to our gathering tonight and it was a hit. I think it needed Ice Cream on the top something to give it some extra moisture! Keep that in mind when you serve it.

Apple Peanut Butter Bars

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium apples – cored and peeled
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your 8x8 inch baking dish with Pam. In a sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir until mixed and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Go back to the sauce pan and stir in the egg. Combine then add the vanilla.
Add the wet to the dry and stir together until completely mixed.
Pour half of the mix in the baking dish. Spread with a spatula. If you have not cored and peeled the apple do so now and arrange them on top of the batter. Place one row and layer the next row the opposite direction.
Place the remaining batter on top of the apples and sprinkle the top with the pecans, chocolate chips and sugar!
Bake this on 350 for about 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment