Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars

So who has not had these a time or two right?

Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars...mmmmmmm tasty

As I got home from work tonight it was like nesting but in full force baking mode. I made Banana Bread, Homemade Granola Bars, Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars and Homemade Blueberry Muffins. Woosh, on top of it being 99 degrees outside, hot oven and being 9 months pregnant...yeah I was sweating! I was able to freeze a couple of the items and the rest will be eaten before too long.

I had to snag a picture of the bars before there was a whole row gone. My mom said, do you have any of those Peanut Butter Cheerios, I said sure while I just started to whip them together. She quickly ate two before they were even cooled off :)

So, if you are looking for a 5 minute snack just throw these together!!

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
5 cups Cheerios

In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, allow to boil for about a minute, remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add cheerios and mix until coated.


11 comments:

  1. Just made these. They are yummy! They are a hit at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Substitute for corn syrup? I want to make these but i dont have any corn syrup on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corn syrup substitute is 1/4 cup water to 1 cup sugar melted over low heat. Since the first step is to heat sugar and corn syrup...just do it all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also very yummy to add 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts to this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do these need to be refrigerated or anything to set before serving?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Toney, Just use marshmallows to hold the cheerios together like you were going to make rice krispy treats. Melt the marshmallows first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can i use honey instead of corn syrup to make it a bit healthier ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. bet these would taste great with milk chocolate chips mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever used the honeynut cheerios?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be interested to hear if you used the honey nut cheerios @krisp - I'm it would add just a little more sweetness

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound amazing! (And holy crap, I'm so hungry right now. Looking at this was a terrible idea. :P ) I've pinned it for later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete