Banana Bread Bars

After a crazy few days, no blogging, no laundry and no cleaning. Nothing but cake orders, sleep and work. This week feels like I am getting my groove back. I am down to about 20 hours a week working with 3 other part time jobs. I'm staying pretty busy. Tuesday's are my usual day off - today Maddox and I got up and walked 3 miles before the 102 degree weather here then we took a nap. It is so nice to have these days with him while he is so young and learning new things. I'm a very blessed woman to have the opportunity to do this. 

As far as the weather today, yikes. I had to water the garden and flowers three times today! I don't feel like it's fair to complain about the weather because it's the only hottttt day we have had this 'summer' considering we have had our air off the majority of July!!

I typically love Banana Bread but since I made the Chocolate Zucchini Loaf last week we are still eating that and we probably don't need anymore bread!! I decided to do some bars that I can take into the girls at work tomorrow. I'm sure they will thank me - I should probably taste test the bad boys before I do so!! :)


Banana Bread Bars

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

Brown Butter Frosting

1/2 cup butter
4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp milk

Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees, then grease and flour a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. You can use a 9x13 glass dish but just don't use ALL the batter. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts here if you choose. Spread the batter evenly into the pan. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Meanwhile, for the frosting; heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn brown - DON'T BURN! Remove from the heat. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth ( should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting) Use a spatula to spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars.

1 comment:

  1. Hi and thank you for linking up at The Southern Special. I don't believe I've been to your blog before. Cute.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete