Grandma's Pea Salad

I made this specifically to take to my grandma in the hospital - we had the other bowl for the 4th with our Steaks. My grandma {not the Mint Brownie Grandma :)} is in the hospital for the second time in a month with an infection in her prosthetic knee joint. The first time they did surgery and she dodged another surgery this time due to this infection was from one of the antibiotics {yes, that sounds like a typo but it's not}. I guess this antibiotic is so strong it has a lot of harsh side effects. Anyway - she is coming home today but last night we visited and I took her some of her 'Famous' Pea Salad. I'm also taking this to a potluck this week as well.

The awesome part of this recipe is you really don't have to measure anything out. I am providing you some estimates but do this one the old fashioned way - don't measure just taste as you go!

2 can sweet peas - drained
1 bag Velvetta cheese - must be Velvetta {found at Fareway and HyVee}
1/2 jar Heinz Sweet Midget Gherkin 
Dash of sugar
1 1/2 cup Miracle Whip

Directions - Mix all ingredients together! {Easy, last minute side dish}


I also, walked in the parade with a few co-workers! Check out this amazing
Piggy Bank Themed Bank Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment