Mommy and Me time and Chocolate Apple Granola Bars

Yesterday started off with a manicure and pedicure with my mom. Usually, if one goes the other goes :) It's kind of nice to have a buddy to go with. After all, the nail people sometimes speak in a different language and make you feel slightly awkward...
Normally when I get a pedicure, I LOVE the water burning hot. I stuck my foot in, finding it really hot. I thought I will be okay. I then lifted my foot out to find my feet and calves were beat red! I then had to ask to add cold water...my nails turned out great so it was worth it :)


As I am getting tired of buying granola bars at the store, I decided to try making homemade granola bars...The adventure was quite successful, I loved them!
Twisting the recipe a bit I added some chocolate chips..just add these to the mixture with granola (1/2 cup)

Chocolate Apple Granola Bars
7 tablespoons butter - softened
1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 apple jelly
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 cups reduced fat granola - fruit and nut

Line an 8 inch square pan with wax paper, grease that with 1 tablespoon of butter, set aside. In a large saucepan, remaining butter, marshmallows, apple jelly and brown sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until blended.

Stir in the granola. Press firmly into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. Pull out of dish and cut into bars.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment