White Chocolate Rhubarb Cookies

So for Father's Day this year we had my father-in-law Walt, my grandma amy parents over for Smoked Ribs. (My husbands specialty)

We also easily could have had a Tetmeyer Family Rhubarb Fest. There were several Rhubarb desserts in the house. Which is fine for most of us. My dad isn't a big fan of it but he loved the cookies. 'If that's what's for dinner give me the whole plate' :)

I'm pretty partial to this recipe as a friend of mine gave me some measurements to start with and I built on to it and made my own cookies. My own recipe experimented and taste bud approved!!

Ingredients:

2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp clear vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup flour
3 tbsp oil
2 eggs
1 cup white chocolate morsels
1/2 cup chopped Rhubarb

Start by creaming together the shortening, softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in baking soda, salt and flour. After combined mix the oil and eggs. 

Stir in morsels and Rhubarb. 

Bake on 350 degrees for 11 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm I have never seen a COOKIE recipe that uses rhubarb !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't find one I liked so I just got creative and winged the whole recipe !

      Delete